Translate

Monday, September 11, 2017

All about me

I did it…a physical journey that was all about me. I rode my bicycle from Goondiwindi to the Gold Coast, eight days with my legs turning the peddles and a rest day at Stanthorpe. Altogether my bike wheels rotated something like 540 kms. Hats-off to Bike Queensland for it's amazing organisation. A big thank you to AllTrails for looking after me with style and the great bunch of like minded people I met. 

Almost a year ago I noted the 40th anniversary of my 30th birthday. I held a board meeting with myself at the time and unanimously agreed not to skirt-around the reality of the number of years I’d spent on the planet, but instead, to face the future head on and call a spade a spade. Without doubt being a septuagenarian these days is nothing like it was for 70 year olds of my parents’ generation. I am so fortunate, for by any measure this time in history offers a whole new journey in life and whatever it is labeled its no longer called “old age.”

My plan is to continue this new life-journey of mine as an adventure into uncharted territory where there is still so much to be discovered. So when and where’s the next bike ride…?







 



No comments:

Post a Comment